Python3: to add, remove and change

Joe P. Cool joe.p.cool at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 5 11:39:01 EDT 2009

On 2 Apr., 09:39, bearophileH... at lycos.com wrote:
> To change: + is a commutative operation,

No, it _is_ not. It is rather _used_ frequently as a symbol for adding
numbers, which happens to be a commutative operation. For me '+' means
composing instances of a kind. If we are to narrow minded about
generalization we'll end up with a clumsy syntax like Java's.

> Unladen Swallow for official CPython 2.x/3.x: yes, thank you, if it
> will be good enough. It can be what Psyco isn't able to become, and
> what PyPy has so far failed to be (PyPy seems Open Souce public-money-
> funded vaporwere that has tried to do too much).

How about moving these lines to a separate message with a matching
header?

Regards, Joe. P. Cool