Python Goes Mercurial

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven asmodai at in-nomine.org
Sun Apr 5 04:21:55 EDT 2009

-On [20090405 09:35], Lawrence D'Oliveiro (ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand) wrote:
>Most of the people using Subversion seem to be corporates with a
>centralized, top-down-controlled policy for development.

Not just corporations. An open source or other type of organisation might
just as well have requirements that mandate a different kind of policy.

>Tell you what, keep the ad-hominem bullshit out of this discussion, and I
>agree to do the same. Deal?

I guess I touched a nerve, so you must consider yourself one of those then.

Just for the record: I meant that there's always a group who actively push
one solution over all others without regard to what the current situation
demands. If you cannot step back and look at the whole without trying to
push your own things, there's nary a word other than rabid and zealous for
that type of behaviour.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
How are the mighty fallen...