cProfile.py not found.

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Sat Apr 4 19:17:25 EDT 2009

On Apr 5, 8:46 am, Rahul <nos... at nospam.invalid> wrote:
> I need to profile a slow-running code. The problem is I cannot seem to find
> cProfile.py.
>
> Where can I get it? Is it not included in the normal distro? I tried
> googling it up and theres tons of info on how to use it but no links for
> where to download it from.
>
> I am using Python 2.4.4 (#3, Feb 17 2008, 15:06:10).

Read the fantastic manual:

http://docs.python.org/library/profile.html

Note: this is the *first* hit when you google either "cprofile" or
"cProfile.py".

"""
The Python standard library provides three different profilers:

   1.

      cProfile is recommended for most users; it’s a C extension with
reasonable overhead that makes it suitable for profiling long-running
programs. Based on lsprof, contributed by Brett Rosen and Ted Czotter.

      New in version 2.5.
"""