with open('com1', 'r') as f:

gert gert.cuykens at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 10:44:16 EDT 2009

On Apr 3, 10:10 pm, Christian Heimes <li... at cheimes.de> wrote:
> gert wrote:
> > I do understand, and I went looking into pySerial, but it is a long
> > way from getting compatible with python3.x and involves other libs
> > that are big and non pyhton3.x compatible.
>
> So don't use Python 3.0. Most people are still using Python 2.5 or 2.6.

With all respect but why do people in general avoid the question when
they do not know something?
I appreciate the answer and its a valid solution, never the less
useless in the answer I seek.

I hope I did not offend anybody. When you want to do something about
the future, you have to take the hard way, so others can take the easy
way. If somebody is stuck going the hard way, to clear it for others,
you can not expect them to be satisfied with a easy answer.

Sorry.