Module caching

Jon Clements joncle at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 3 19:41:04 EDT 2009

On 3 Apr, 23:58, Aaron Scott <aaron.hildebra... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > are you an experienced python programmer?
>
> Yeah, I'd link to think I'm fairly experienced and not making any
> stupid mistakes. That said, I'm fairly new to working with mod_python.
>
> All I really want is to have mod_python stop caching variables. This
> seems like it should be easy enough to do, but I can't for the life of
> me find information on how to do it.
>
> Aaron

Umm... Well, mod_python works for long running processes that don't
really store data, but return it on demand... so keeping module level
variables around is going to be a gotcha.

It's a kludge, but setting MaxRequestsPerChild to 1 in the Apache
config basically forces a reload of everything for every request...
that might be worth a go -- but it's nasty...

Cheers,

Jon.