confused with creating doctest in xmlrpc server

Krishnakant hackingkk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 15:53:16 EDT 2009

hello all,
I am thinking of using the doctest module for my unit testing code in
python.
I have no problems doing this in usual classes but I am a bit confused
with my twisted based rpc classes.

given that I directly take the output of running functions on a python
prompt for the dockstrings, how do I get them for my twisted class which
has a published object?

What I mean is that in normal classes I would just start the python
prompt, import the module, create the object and run the methods to get
the output.

Then I take the output and put it into a file and then use those
dockstrings for my tests.
As you all know an rpc server app can't be run like this.  To my
knowledge an rpc server is a service that listens on a port on the given
ip address.

So how do I extract the dockstrings from the functions inside my xmlrpc
class?
obviously it is not run on a python prompt, so what is the solution?

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.