"Pythoner",Wish me luck!

nrballard at gmail.com nrballard at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 14:58:27 EDT 2009

On Apr 3, 12:33 pm, barisa <bbaj... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 3, 11:39 am, "Hendrik van Rooyen" <m... at microcorp.co.za> wrote:

> > >Good luck!
>
> > >Don't forget to...

> > This is better advice than what you may think,
> > because the interactive interpreter is your very
> > best friend when studying the language.
>
> > You get there by typing "python" at the command
> > line, and pressing enter.
>
> > Using it, you will save yourself many hours of
> > misunderstanding.
>
> > - Hendrik
>
> Hi,
> I'm also begginer in python;
> i did few basic programs about graph etc..
>
> my question is : what benefit is using interactive intrepreter ?
>
> i come from java backround, so I use eclipse for python as well.
> I start my program, it does it's job, and that's it.  (after some
> debugging ofc)

I'm also a beginner in Python, but from my own experience the
interactive interpreter is great for experimenting with new modules
and output formatting because it allows you to see the immediate
output of a function before you write it into your program.  The
immediate result is that you'll see any errors and be able to fix them
before they end up in your script.

Nick Ballard
http://90daysofpython.blogspot.com