pygame and socket.recv

Miguel Prada miguel.register at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 11:12:27 EDT 2009

I don't know if this might be causing your problem, but most socket
implementations use quite a big buffer for incoming data by default. I
had a lot of trouble with another real-time networked application
until I realised this. Reducing this buffer to the minimum helped a
lot in my case. Also, I would strongly recommend using UDP instead of
TCP.

BTW, does anyone know if any good bibliography about real-time
networked games, or real-time networked general applications?