Sending SMS using python script

guptha gjango.py at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 06:47:18 EDT 2009

On Apr 2, 12:41 pm, Matteo <tadweles... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I use a programme, written in Python, which sends sms through the sms
> providers. You might want to have a look to the source code:
>
> http://www.moioli.net/Progetti___1/MoioSMS___Messaggi_GRATIS_da_Inter...

Thanks for your reply Matteo
It will be more helpful if you mention the concept of your programme.
i.e .How your programme works(I can't understand the posting from your
site - is not in English)

As for my knowledge on this subject i can say
1. The sms send by us will reach SMS center of the service provider
(example : Airtel , Vodofone etc)
2. Each service provider has their own SMS center
3. From SMS center  the message reach to the recipient.

In this scenario how can i make use of service providers SMS center to
send my sms
Is it possible to write our own sms gateway in python to interact with
all type of sms centers.
Do we have pay any charge to access  providers SMS center, or comes
free of cast.

i supposes Most of mobile carriers offer free Email To SMS gateways
which can be used to forward simple text emails to a mobile phones.
Thanks