A design problem I met again and again.

Jeremiah Dodds jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:36:16 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 3:40 PM, 一首诗 <newptcai at gmail.com> wrote:

> What are the average size of source files in your project?   If it's
> far lower than 15,000,  don't feel it's a little unbalance?
> --

While I think 15,000 is, in the vast majority of cases, quite high, what
we're talking about here isn't about LOC, it's about whether or not things
are separated cleanly. I'm sure that sometimes that means a 15,000 line file
(although I can't think of a relevant example off the top of my head).

Whether or not the other files are a lot smaller doesn't matter. "Correctly"
organizing a project is more about separation of responsibility than
line-count.