The spam to content ratio of this group

Wed Apr 1 09:56:47 EDT 2009

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 06:43:48 -0700, Eric wrote:

> is getting very high. Why aren't captcha's used to prevent all of this
> noise?

/me opens mouth to make sarcastic comment
/me shuts mouth again

That's like saying "There's a lot of oil slicks washing up onto the
beach. Why don't we put more trashcans by the road to the beach?" What
good do you think captchas will do on a newsgroup?

--
Steven
who has noticed that just as Hotmail became the new AOL a few years back,