Thoughts on language-level configuration support?

Kay Schluehr kay.schluehr at gmx.net
Wed Apr 1 03:29:05 EDT 2009

> "Discoverable", as in built-in tools that let you have the following
> conversation:  "Program, tell me all the things I can configure about
> you" - "Okay, here they all are".  No digging through the source
> required.

But this doesn't have any particular meaning. If I run a dir(obj)
command all attributes of obj will be returned and I can be sure these
are all. In C# I can reflect on attributes of an assembly which is a
well defined entity. "Program" is not an entity. It's kind of a user
interface name in StarTreck ( which prefers "computer" for this
purpose though ). This way we cannot design systems.