Multiprocessing Pool and functions with many arguments

psaffrey at googlemail.com psaffrey at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 29 14:01:46 EDT 2009

I'm trying to get to grips with the multiprocessing module, having
only used ParallelPython before.

based on this example:

http://docs.python.org/library/multiprocessing.html#using-a-pool-of-workers

what happens if I want my "f" to take more than one argument? I want
to have a list of tuples of arguments and have these correspond the
arguments in f, but it keeps complaining that I only have one argument
(the tuple). Do I have to pass in a tuple and break it up inside f? I
can't use multiple input lists, as I would with regular map.

Thanks,

Peter