Getting the "dir" from the other ancestor ?

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 09:01:27 EDT 2009

hello,

I have a class, derived from some user defined class
(User_Defined_Ancestor) and some basic class (Basic_Ancestor).

One of the major tasks of the Basic_Ancestor,
is to hide all kinds of implementation details for the user,
so the user can concentrate on the functional design.

One of things I need to know are the methods and attributes of the
Basic_Ancestor.
Both classes are dynamic, i.e. attributes are added during run time.

class Master ( User_Defined_Ancestor, Basic_Ancestor ) :
    def __init__ ( self, *args, **kwargs ) :
        Basic_Ancestor.__init__ ( self, *args, **kwargs )

class Basic_Ancestor ( object ) :
    def __init__ ( self, .... ) :
        self.other = dir ( User_Defined_Ancestor )

    def Get_Attributes ( self ) :
        return dir ( self ) - dir ( self.other )

Now the problem is, I don't know "User_Defined_Ancestor" in Basic_Ancestor.
I can't pass it through the parameter list, because I use "*args, **kwargs"
I possibly could use some global variable, but that's not my preference.

Any other suggestions ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki