A Special Thanks

norseman norseman at hughes.net
Mon Apr 20 20:43:02 EDT 2009

I'm one of those that tries to get an outline of the project and then
puts in code as things become clear. Once the basics are working
reasonably I go back and organize the thing for maintainability. Then
finish flushing it out. It is the one stage I dread the most.

Why not organize it up front?  Because I don't always have the whole pie
at the outset.

In changing to Python I had a bigger learning curve than I realized at
the start.  When I finally got my "pieces" accomplishing what I wanted
it became time to start looking at its structure.

I did the cut and paste into a followable form and ran the basic to
check for the usual errors, omissions and outright flaws. This was a
major reorganization.

IT RAN FLAWLESSLY THE FIRST TRY!  UNBELIEVABLE! (at least for me)

To all those that did the original and the fixes and the tweaks to get
Python to this level (2.5.2) I must say WELL DONE!
I offer a sincere THANK YOU!!!

OH - I will still mumble, grumble and have fits when it doesn't do what
I want the way I want - BUT it will be with a backdrop of great respect.

As for the very active Python community support - I thank you too.

Steve
norseman at hughes.net