Too early implementation

Filip Gruszczyński gruszczy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 07:48:18 EDT 2009

I am not a very disciplined person. Usually I rush to my next
assignment and code furiously, hoping that my initial understanding of
the stated problem will be just fine. And Python does very little to
stop me ;-) If I had to do something in C++, I know I would have to
write all those header files, fill stubs, etc., which is a lot of
work, which I don't want to do twice. So I take a while and start to
think, because it's better to be safe, than sorry.

With Python you rarely are sorry, because you can do everything so
quickly. And yet, at some point you see, that flaws in design get so
annoying, that you need to do something about them. Usually at that
point it's a bit problematic ;-)

So, do you know some good methods to prevent myself from just starting
coding (which I like very much) and do some thinking about the problem
(which I like a little less ;-))?

--
Filip Gruszczyński