Async serial communication/threads sharing data

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sat Apr 11 12:50:53 EDT 2009

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:23:25 -0700, John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> wrote:
>Jean-Paul Calderone wrote:
>>>    After bringing in all the heavy machinery of Twisted,
>>>you're still polling at 10Hz.  That's disappointing.
>>
>>Hmm, no?  There's no polling in the latest version of the code I saw.
>>
>>Jean-Paul
>
>         if too_full:
>            reactor.callLater(0.1, self.throttle)

Hi John,

You're looking at a different version of the code than what I was talking
about.  After discussing things with Nick, we came up with a version which
includes no polling.  See Nick's message of March 23, at around 1:30 PM for
the code I was referring to - a version of the app which does no polling.

Jean-Paul