writing array

heidi taynton heidihannah at mac.com
Thu Apr 9 10:46:01 EDT 2009

Hey guys,

I'm trying to write a new array from the one i already have....

but here is the catch:

I want an array where  n=# of data points used in previous point (rounded down)
in every spot, I want to take 1.1**n  data points and then take the mean of the data points. (i know there is a numpy function mean() ).. put that is spot 0  and so on... any suggestions?

for clarification:
so the first spot takes 1 data point, b/c 1.1^0 =1   and the average of that is just the data point
the second spot takes 2 data points b/c 1.1^1=1.1  which rounds up to 2....  then the average of those two
the third spot takes 4 data points b/c 1.1^2 = 1.21 ....   and then that will repeat....

make sense?

hi