Call to PyEval_EvalCodeEx crashes in PyFrame_New with abort

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Apr 7 13:35:26 EDT 2009

[posted and e-mailed]

In article <72593fd7-4500-4ea9-b54e-1637d07b5972 at s12g2000prc.googlegroups.com>,
grbgooglefan  <ganeshborse at gmail.com> wrote:

>I've emabedded Python(2.6) in my C++ application and using on Solaris
>5.10.  When the application calls Py_Eval, it causes an abort &
>application core dumps. But this is at random times & no pattern for
>this.

Given the lack of response, I suggest asking on the capi-sig.  The
likeliest problem is some kind of refcount error when the embedded code
calls back into your application.  Do you ever get problems when you use
pure Python code?

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz