Executing a C program from Python

vishakha vaibhav vishakha406 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 6 13:56:03 EDT 2009

Hi,
I am very new to python. I have my cgi script written in Python. My CGI script should call a C program and collect the value returned by this program and pass it to the browser.

Can anyone help me out in this. How can I execute the c program and collect the return value.

I tried,
import os
a=os.system("my-app")//my-app is the C program executable
print a

But the variable a prints 0 everytime. It should return a non-zero value as per my C program.  Is there any method to do what I need.

Regards,
vish