web application for scientific puposes

Saurabh Kabra skabra at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:30:21 EDT 2009

Dear Group,
I am new to python and I mostly use basic python scripts for small
mathematical/scientific/intrumentation applications.

Now, I want to make these application available to others by converting them
to web based applications (so that it can be used by several people on our
internal network without them having to install the application and python
on every single computer).

I am looking for the best available web framework for python which would be
well suited for a scientific application. My requirements are lots of
interactability like buttons, menus, drop downs etc. and good plotting -
preferably interactive. The faster the better but speed is not a huge issue
here - neither is web traffic. Can you guys recommend packages or
combination of packages for such an application.

Thanks in advance

Saurabh