how to handle/generate pcap file

Evan xdicry at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 09:53:34 EDT 2009

Hello -

I'm trying to decode the pcap file which is packet capture by tcpdump
or wireshark.   Is there a python module that I can use it for this
problem?

Can python-libpcap or pycap or dpkt do that?

On the other hand, I also generate some packets by dpkt module, can I
also dump these packets to a pcap file? such as *.pcap.

The problem is I do not want to send these packets, I just want to
generate some special packets and then store it in a pcap file
(libpcap format), so other guys can check it by tcpdump or wireshark.

Thanks,
Evan