Large Data Sets: Use base variables or classes? And some binding questions

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 21:00:36 EDT 2008

On Sep 26, 8:53 pm, Carl Banks <pavlovevide... at gmail.com> wrote:
> It might still end up being slower (creating slot descriptors might
> take more time for all I know) but it's more than just an effect of
> less memory.

Actually scratch that.  Descriptors are only created when the type
object is created.  I can't think of anything that would need to be
done in an instance only if no dict is present, so using slots
probably almost certianly makes object creation faster.  Still, the
last word is the profiler.

Carl Banks