Not fully OO ?

Tim Rowe digitig at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 19:40:59 EDT 2008

2008/9/26 Aaron Castironpi Brady <castironpi at gmail.com>:

> If you have wxFormBuilder and the win32 library, it's pretty fast.

Speed has never been an issue for me with Python. For my masters
degree I did a project that involved a lot of number crunching, and in
my proposal I wrote that I'd use Python for most of the code and C for
any parts that were unacceptably slow. In practice, not only did I
never need to replace any parts with C, I never even needed to use
numpy; it was quite fast enough as it was.

> Python's philosophy is to make common things easy and everything
> possible.

But what's common for one person may be uncommon for another. And
sometimes "possible" isn't enough, or we'd all be using INTERCAL!

Another, quite different example to the one I was referring to earlier
is the fact that I often work with safety critical systems. I don't
think formal proof of program behaviour would be at all
straightforward in Python (or C# for that matter, and although Spec#
gets closer, it really needs a language like Spark Ada).

--
Tim Rowe