how to find position of dictionary values

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Mon Sep 1 08:12:02 EDT 2008

lee a écrit :
> On Sep 1, 2:37 pm, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
>> lee wrote:
(snip)
>>>  i agree with u, my data strusture is not efficient. but all the
>>> records,viz...name,phno, email,address are all generated at runtime ,
>>> when the user enters them. so how can i design my datastructure in
>>> that case?

<ot>

>> Are "u" short on keystrokes? You are not textmessaging here...

 > i am soory for that keystrokes

Is your cap key broken ?-)

</ot>

(snip)
>. can anyone tell me how can i change
> the value of key.
> suppose i have a dictionary
>
> kev =  {'kabir': ['kabir at kabir.com', '1234', 'missuri'], 'shri':
> ['shri at shri.com', '23423', 'india'], 'marsa': ['marsa at marsa.com',
> '2345', 'brazil'], 'sandeep': ['sandeep at sandeep.com', '007',
> 'canada']}
>

> how can i change the key to something like 'sabir' and how can i
> change the values of kabir?

I don't mean to be harsh, but did you read the FineManual(tm) ? All this
is very basic (no pun) stuff, mostly documented, and easy to try out
using the interactive interpreter. This ng is very newbie-friendly, but
this doesn't mean you can hope to get by without doing the minimal
effort of going thru the tutorial and trying a couple things by yourself
before asking.

Hope you'll understand the above remark intends to be an helpful advice...