Not fully OO ?

Craig Allen callen314 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 17:14:59 EDT 2008

> if they want to, but it is *fully* OO in that it includes everything
> required to do OO.  But maybe the original blogger meant by "fully OO"
> what I mean by "Pure OO"?

it seems to me this is what was meant... pure OO, AND forced to use
it.

My personal feeling is that python is multiparadigmed and I'm more
than fine with that.

BUT, I am going to hold onto what I've noticed which is that Python
seems to use OO deeply, well into the interpreter, and that the
procedural styles available at the Python source level pretty much are
built on top of this OO model, given you accept a module as an object,
which it seems to be within the source code... but in the end, it's
just words and the most important thing is that python is a tool you
can use to make a computer do what you want, and whatever you call it
may just be a distraction.  cheers.