Client server implementation

Babloo pruthviraj.pb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 00:44:24 EDT 2008

On Sep 16, 7:38 am, Benjamin <musiccomposit... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 15, 5:15 am, Babloo <pruthviraj... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
>
> >                   i wanted to implement a client- server connection
> > and transfer a file over the network. i was able to implement a normal
> > set up where in i was able to send chat messages and small chunks of
> > data.
> > I want to implement the file transfer with out using the FTP library
> > available in python .
>
> >                   So can anyone suggest a piece of code by which i can
> > do that.
>
> I don't know what you really want, but look at Twisted.http://twistedmatrix.com
>

> > Thanks
> > Pruthvi

I am beginner at using python language.
I mean i am implementing that in a  windows based machine and wanted
to transfer files over the LAN. I have written down two files as
client.py and server.py . I ran these files at two different Computers
in the LAN and  I was able to send small chunks of messages( like
chat).

I was successful in establishing connection and sending small
messages. But now i want to transfer a complete file with out using
the ftplib(FTP LIBRARY) in python.

The files look like this.i hope this would help.

# Server program

from socket import *

# Set the socket parameters
host = "117.105.224.94"
port = 21567
buf = 1024
addr = (host,port)

# Create socket and bind to address
UDPSock = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM)
UDPSock.bind(addr)

# Receive messages
while 1:
		 data,addr = UDPSock.recvfrom(buf)
		 if not data:
		 		 print "Client has exited!"
		 		 break
		 else:
		 		 print "\nReceived message '", data,"'"

# Close socket
UDPSock.close()

# Client program

from socket import *

# Set the socket parameters
host = "117.105.224.94"
port = 21567
buf = 1024
addr = (host,port)

# Create socket
UDPSock = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM)

def_msg = "===Enter message to send to server===";
print "\n",def_msg

# Send messages
while (1):
	data = raw_input('>> ')