Python script for tracert

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Tue Sep 30 04:43:26 EDT 2008

cindy jones wrote:
> Hello.. I'm trying to do a scripting for tracert  in windows using python...
> I'm using popen(), but it displays only after the tracert is completed.
> i want the results to be displayed for every route.

I believe "tracert" is a really ugly 8.3 abbrevivation of traceroute ;)

Well, maybe an implementation in python itself could be of interest?

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-March/196063.html

maybe there are more attempts - this one was just the first thing
which popped up with g**gle. (The script is in the attachment).

Regards
Tino