Writing a well-behaved daemon

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Sep 26 03:13:29 EDT 2008

Sean DiZazzo <half.italian at gmail.com> writes:

> Looks like somebody did the same thing I did and posted it.
>
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/bda.daemon/trunk/bda/daemon/daemon.py

Thanks, I've not seen that before.

It still seems loony to me that something this difficult to do right,
yet so similar across different use cases, isn't in the standard
library, where bugs need only be fixed in one place.

--
 \        “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Wuh, I think |
  `\      so, Brain, but how will we get three pink flamingos into one |