Python test case management system?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Sep 4 20:11:56 EDT 2008

    Mudcat> Does anyone know of a good test case management system written
    Mudcat> in python, or possibly another application (either open source
    Mudcat> or commercial) that can be extended using python?

I don't know what you mean by "test case management system", but within the
Python community there are two core modules designed to support unit test
creation: unittest and doctest.  Outside of the Python distribution there
are other tools which aim to make writing and running unit tests simpler.
Examples include py.test and nose.  I'm sure there are others.  These might
be a couple PyPI categories to start a search:

    http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=browse&c=430
    http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=browse&c=431

Skip