Case-insensitive string compare?

Maric Michaud maric at aristote.info
Mon Sep 15 08:42:43 EDT 2008

Le Friday 05 September 2008 19:36:56 Fredrik Lundh, vous avez écrit :
> Maric Michaud wrote:
> > I suspect you are coming to conclusions a bit quickly, without taking the
> > pain of understanding the whole discussion.
>
> I'm pretty sure I was the first one to post an answer in this thread,
> and I understand Python design and performance issues very well, thank you.

What is that ? Some sort of arguments ? If it matters, I know who you are and
I don't try to compare my understanding of python with yours.

> (but given your talk about "the cost of whitespace" in a response to a
> comment about performance in that other subthread,

It's silly that you continue to fight on unrelated arguments, I've already
said that I misunderstood the OP's requirements and the proposed solution.

> it's obvious that
> you're just here to provide noise.  plonk plonk.)

I don't think you should make those assumptions, in your words, there are too
much dumb or malevolent peoples on this list for it to be that "obvious".

Nevertheless, I don't really see why I should explain myself for being here
and trying to bring a (little, not like yours, of course) contribution.