Good programming style

Adelle Hartley adelle at akemi.com.au
Sun Sep 14 23:25:27 EDT 2008

Grant Edwards wrote:
> When packages as significant as wxPython use naming conventions
> other than PEP 8, I find it hard to make a case that the PEP 8
> naming convention is any better than any other.

This relates to a question I was thinking about...

I'm looking at porting a library that was written for COM and .Net to
work as a Python module, and was wondering whether it would be better to
stick to the library's current naming convention so that the API is as
similar as possible on each platform, or to adopt a "when in Rome..."
policy and follow the "most mainstream" naming pattern for each
platform/language.

Adelle.