rlcompleter and wxPython, problems ...

Stef Mientki stef.mientki at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 15:06:07 EDT 2008

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
> En Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:25:30 -0300, Stef Mientki
> <stef.mientki at gmail.com> escribió:
>
>> I'm trying to implement autocompletion into my editor.
>> But I find some weird behavior,
>> or at least I don't have the faintest  idea why  this behavior occures,
>> and even more important how to solve it
>> In the example below I try to autocomplete  " wx.s" , which in my
>> humble opinion should at least produce "wx.stc"  (and some others ).
>
> wx is a package. Modules within the package are not, by default,
> attributes of the package - unless they're imported in __init__.py or
> your code imports them.
> So the autocompleter is doing the right thing
in what perspective ?
the autocompleter is only meant to assist the program writer ;-)
> - wx.stc does not exist until it is explicitely imported.
I guess I've to study the package.
For the moment I'll implement a user editable list of additions.

But with your remarks I tried __all__
And now I wonder why rlcompleter is not simply using "wx.__all__",
it than does gets all the items ?

cheers,
Stef