Fastest way to max() list

David Di Biase dave.dibiase at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 10:22:42 EDT 2008

Hi Chris,

Yeah I hear you on point A. but this the specification I was given, so I
have to follow it unfortunately. I've also been restricted and not allowed
to use any other packages. I was using NumPy earlier (should have mentioned
that) but I was wondering if there was a simpler way. Is NumPy technically
even faster than just iterating and modifying the list directly?

Also if I'm creating an array then making it, why not just do a temporary
sort and capture the first and last values? Is this method you've provided
supposed to be faster?

Dave