Python is slow?

Robert Singer rsinger at ____.com
Tue Sep 23 18:41:47 EDT 2008

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:34:10 -0700 (PDT), sturlamolden
<sturlamolden at yahoo.no> wrote:

>1. gfortran is not Absoft.

I find this comment absurd. What did you mean by it ?
Yes, gfortran is not Absoft, just as red is not blue (?!).

I also don't understand whether you're looking for a free or a
commercial compiler. I got the impression from your previous post that
money was an object.

>2. If I program the same in C99 and Fortran 95, and compile with gcc
>and gfortran, the C99 code runs a lot faster (I've only tested with
>wavelet transforms).

Hmm. Unfortunatelly, i have none whatsoever experience in that field.
Completely different area of study here, so without seeing at least
some code, I cannot comment anything on that part.

And 'a lot faster' is a very relative term.

>3. gfortran is not Absoft.

True.

Best regards
Bob