Adding further report options to unittest.py

Marco Bizzarri marco.bizzarri at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 13:22:17 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 3:25 PM, Diez B. Roggisch <deets at nospam.web.de> wrote:
> Marco Bizzarri wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I would like to change the way test reports are generated, in a Zope
>> environment.
>>

> Have you looked at nosetests? Nose is a test-discovery & running-framework
> based upon unittest-module (but you can also "only" test simple functions,
> very handy)

Nope; next time I will make a google search before posting ;)

> And it has a very powerful plugin-mechanism, that allows you to implement
> cleanly what you want.
>
> For each test, you get a start/end-method called in your plugin that you can
> use to gather the information you need, e.g. start/stop-times.

I gave it a look; it is nice and it seems powerful; I just wonder if I
need to put my hands on all my tests to do what I want to do... but
I'm sure this can be sorted in the documentation.

> For example, I've created an enhanced reporting plugin that lists all tests
> run (not only those failed or error'ed), and adding time-measuring per-test
> is on my list of todos.

Looks like there is a new tool I need to learn... ah, nice times when
all you needed was an hammer and a screwdriver... ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, Diez, I'll read it.

--
Marco Bizzarri
http://notenotturne.blogspot.com/