Abstract class

Maric Michaud maric at aristote.info
Mon Sep 15 11:02:45 EDT 2008

Le Monday 15 September 2008 16:42:49 Fredrik Lundh, vous avez écrit :
> Maric Michaud wrote:
> > But this doesn't match what abstract classes are (in C++ for example)
>
> you're confusing concepts with specific implementations of those
> concepts here.

Maybe, that's why I gave this example, but aren't they (conceptually)
classes :

- which couldn't be instantiated,
- which define at least an interface and possibly some behavior,
- for which all the undefined methods need to be implemented in concrete
classes (the pure virtual methodds in C++)

?

That's the exact implementation in C++ but I'm not aware of any other language
that implement this notion. Java simplified this a lot, abstracts are
interface (type), no behavior.