Python based barcode readers

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 20:09:00 EDT 2008

On Sep 22, 5:59 pm, Robocop <btha... at physics.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> I also forgot to mention that it need not be nearly as robust as
> something like Jailhelper 2.0, I will not really need to compensate
> for noise and irregular conditions.  All of my barcodes will be
> scanned in a predictable, and consistent environment (i.e. a scanner),
> so all i need is some stupid little script that will read the an image
> in and decode it.

The readers I've seen do all the decoding internally.
They hook up via a Y-cable to your keyboard and require
absolutely NO code at all on the PC. Anywhere the PC accepts
keyboard input, you can wave the wand instead.

Don't see why you would want to try to decode it yourself.
Trust me, it's a pain in the ass.

Unless you have a raw LED reader.

Are you making one?