Not fully OO ?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Fri Sep 26 16:16:29 EDT 2008

Tim Rowe a écrit :
> 2008/9/26 Tino Wildenhain <tino at wildenhain.de>:
>
>>> The question I usually ask is "Does this language help me get the job
>>> done?" Python often does. That's all that really matters, isn't it?
>> Well then it still depends on the perception of "job done". For example
>> PHP programmers would bet their soul that their language of choice is
>> exactly the right one to "get the job done." :-)
>> You and me would indeed see a different picture on the level of doneness
>> of such jobs ;-)
>
> Well, I did say "Often". Before now I've struggled for ages to write a
> Python program to do a job, then when I've tried C# all the problems
> have fallen away and the job was done in an hour or so.

Not to start a troll, but from what I've seen of C# so far I do find
this a bit surprising and really suspect more of a library issue than a
language one. Care to tell more about the problem and solution ?

(NB : I wouldn't even asked if you had mentionned say Erlang or Prolog
or OCaml - well, some mostly different language - instead of C#)