Generating test data from an XML Schema

Jonathan Fine J.Fine at open.ac.uk
Wed Sep 17 10:03:59 EDT 2008

Mark Thomas wrote:

>> Has anyone seen anything that might help generate test data from a schema?
>
> I'm unaware of anything in Python, but Eclipse can generate sample
> documents from a schema:
> http://help.eclipse.org/help32/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.wst.xmleditor.doc.user/topics/tcrexxsd.html
>
> As can XML IDEs such as Stylus Studio and XML Spy.

Mark - thank you for this.  The problem is that I'd like to sit quite
close to the schema and manipulate the generation of the test data.
(This is because a straight representation won't suit my needs.)

However, if I get the chance I'll look at these tools, in case they can
help me.  Thank you for the suggestion.

--
Jonathan