Converting .py files to batch files.

r0g aioe.org at technicalbloke.com
Wed Sep 17 14:07:56 EDT 2008

Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2008-09-17, r0g <aioe.org at technicalbloke.com> wrote:
>
>> r0g at steppa:~/Desktop/py$ ls
>> kickstart.py  kickstart.py~  kicktest.py  kicktest.py~
>> r0g at steppa:~/Desktop/py$ kickstart.py
>> bash: kickstart.py: command not found
>>
>> Any ideas why this might be?
>
> Yes.
>
>> A path thing?
>
> Yes.
>
> Linux systems generally don't have the current directory in the
> PATH that's searched for executbles (it's regarded as a rather
> serious security problem if you do).
>
> Try doing this:
>
>  ./kickstart.py

Brilliant! :D  Thanks v.much for that, turns out the very same thing had
been driving me nuts a few days earlier when I was trying to run an
installer I had downloaded, bit of an Izzard Printer moment LOL -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wHEqDepAXo

Thanks again!

Roger.

http://www.technicalbloke.com