wx

Nikola Stjelja nstjelja at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 14:33:23 EDT 2008

The module you are talking about is a python GUI toolkit named WxPython,
which is a port of the cross platform C++ GUI toolkit wxwidgets. It's an
excelent gui toolkit , easy to learn and code on. Well documented and has an
excelent community around it. Here are the links for both sites:
http://www.wxpython.org/
http://www.wxwidgets.org/

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Desmond Scott E <scottd at mcm.com> wrote:

>  I'm am a Python novice by chance not choice.  (Although it appears to be
> a nice tool.  Plus anything based on Monte Python can't be bad!)
>
> My Quest is to migrate a Python-based process from Windows2000/Python
> v2.4.2 (#67) to WindowsXP/Python v2.5.2 (r252:60911).
>
> I've searched the Python website and could find no reference to module wx.
> Is this an add-in module or perhaps it was replaced in v2.5.2???
>
> References in the code are:
> wx.ListCtrl.__init__(self, parent, -1, style=wx.LC_REPORT)
> self.Bind(wx.EVT_LIST_ITEM_ACTIVATED, self.OnItemActivated)
> self.SetColumnWidth(0, WX.LIST_AUTOSIZE))
> idx = self.GetNextItem(idx, wx.LIST_NEXT_ALL, wx.LIST_STATE_DONTCARE)
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I do have Shrubbery!
>
> Scott
>
> Scott E. Desmond
> Director & Manager Equity Systems Development
> IT Integration Lead
> Mellon Capital Management Corporation
> 500  Grant Street, Suite 4200
> Pittsburgh, PA  15258
> T 412.236.0405 | F 412.236.1703
> scottd at mcm.com | *www.mcm.com*
>
> *The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential and is
> intended solely for the use of the named addressee.*
> *Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any information contained
> therein by any other person is not authorized.*
> *If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by
> returning the e-mail to the originator.(16b)*
> **
> Disclaimer Version MB.US.1
>
> --

My Blog: