How to record audio from Python on Mac?

Craig Allen callen314 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 17:50:26 EDT 2008

I want to do this as well, and also some other audio processing via
python.  I have not tried yet, but much of my research points to
pyaudio, PortAudio bindings for python, which is supposed to be multi-
platform including Mac OS X, but as I say, I've not tried it yet.

Related to this are some examples that get the audio data into numpy
arrays for signal processing work.  cheers, I'm interested to hear how
any of this works out, I'm trying to start a python audio project in
the next couple months.

cheers.