Wait or not?

Matimus mccredie at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 19:26:43 EDT 2008

On Sep 30, 4:20 pm, Eric <efl... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been wanting to learn Python for a while now but I can't decide
> on whether to wait for Python 3's final release and learn it or just
> go ahead and learn 2.x. Would it be hard to make the transition being
> a noob?

It shouldn't be a hard transition. I would recommend learning 2.x
anyway. You are likely to want to use 3rd party modules (or you will
anyway). You won't want to wait for module support to be added in 3.0.
The 2.x series isn't going to go away for quite a while. I think they
are planning to continue to do releases all the way up to 2.9 or so.
Even then, the biggest thing that a new user is going to run into is
`print("stuff")` vs. `print "stuff"`.

Matt