wxpython ms-dos black window popping up in background

Mike Driscoll kyosohma at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 17:34:10 EDT 2008

On Sep 10, 3:53 pm, James A. Donald <jam... at echeque.com> wrote:
> James A. Donald
>
> > > Horrible installs are a chronic problem of GUI programs driven by
> > > interpreted languages  Installing visual basic programs that worked on
> > > one Windows machine to work on a very slightly different windows
> > > machine was also a nightmare.
>
> > > I have not attempted to create installable wxPython windows, but
> > > generally, "run anywhere" will bite you.  Still looking for a good
> > > solution to "run anywhere".
>
> Mike Driscoll
>
> > I haven't had much trouble getting wxPython applications to run in
> > Windows XP and Ubuntu Hardy Heron.
>
> Did you attempt to create proper install packages that show up in the
> Linux package managers, and the windows add/remove programs tool?

I used Inno Setup which creates an uninstaller, however I am not
seeing it in my Windows Add/Remove. Odd. However, you can uninstall it
from the Start menu entry and it works.

Currently, I am running the application from source in Linux. But I
plan to try cx_freeze or similar sooner or later. I haven't had need
to distribute it since my apps are for internal use so far.

Mike