append on lists

Peter Anderson peter.anderson at internode.on.net
Tue Sep 16 01:03:51 EDT 2008

"/... I don't think you've thought this one through, really./"

Is this kind of response really necessary? The original post was asking
(from his perspective at least) a legitimate question. To a Python
expert it may be a "silly question" but replying in such a fatuous way
puts off those "less gifted" from using this excellent reference source.
Nobody enjoys being spoken to like this.

We ought to try and be a little kinder to others on the list, don't you
think? :-)

Regards,
Peter
--
*Peter Anderson*
There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to