cx_oracle and commands

Edwin.Madari at VerizonWireless.com Edwin.Madari at VerizonWireless.com
Fri Sep 5 09:53:47 EDT 2008

gaius hammond Wrote:
>Hi all,
>

>I am having a very strange problem with cx_Oracle, has anyone
>seen this kind of behavior before:
>

>ActivePython 2.5.2.2 (ActiveState Software Inc.) based on
>Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Mar 27 2008, 18:53:24) [C] on sunos5
>Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>0
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>  File "/opt/ASpy25/lib/python2.5/commands.py", line 55, in
>getstatusoutput
>    sts = pipe.close()
>IOError: [Errno 10] No child processes
>

>Basically, once I have made a connection to Oracle I can no
>longer use getstatusoutput(). This is a real problem as
>I need to get a list of things to work on from Oracle then
>spawn commands to process them...
>

>Thanks,

There is no mode parameter to connect. use try-catch around
db = connect(mode=SYSDBA) line to see what's going on.

Edwin

product doctrine and thus protected from disclosure.  If the reader
copies and backups thereof.  Thank you.