Gateway to python-list is generating bounce messages.

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Sep 11 05:45:05 EDT 2008

Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> I wasn't aware that comp.lang.python was a news-to-mail gateway. How can
> one tell the difference between news groups that use a news-to-mail
> gateway, and news groups that don't?

by reading the group's FAQ, perhaps?

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/python-faq/python-newsgroup-faq/

    comp.lang.python (or c.l.py for short) is the general discussion
    newsgroup for users of the Python language. It is also available
    as a mailing list; see below for instructions on subscribing to
    c.l.py through the mailing list.

it's been this way since the group was formed ~14 years ago, and isn't
likely to change.

</F>