What do you call a class not intended to be instantiated

Fri Sep 26 03:27:42 EDT 2008

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 21:17:14 -0700, Aahz wrote:

> Seems to me that if all the module is used for is to store state, you're
> wasting a file on disk.  I personally prefer to use a class singleton.

I don't recognise the term "class singleton". Can you explain please? How
is it different from an ordinary singleton?

For the record, I ended up deciding that I didn't need any special
objects or metaclass programming, just a factory function which returned
a regular instance. But reading the thread has been a good education for
me, thanks folks.

--
Steven