Files application architecture

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Fri Sep 5 19:03:30 EDT 2008

http://dirtsimple.org/2004/12/python-is-not-java.html

> : 1 file
> per class and 1 folders per package.

Don't. This is a waste of time and a pain to maintain, and more over it
doesn't make any sense since Python doesn't force you to put everything
in classes.

> I know that packages doesn't exists in python,

Did you actually read the doc ? While Python's packages are not the same
thing as Java's, they do exist.

http://docs.python.org/tut/node8.html#SECTION008400000000000000000

> they are modules instead.
> May I create specific module for each "group of class" ?

The usual way to get cohesive modules is indeed to group closely related
objects (classes, functions, etc) in a same module.

> My application
> follow the MVC paradigm, so basically, I've a package Model, a package
> View, and a package Controller.

If your app is small, having _modules_ models, views and controllers
should be enough.

> So, what are best practices for organizing files and folders in a small
> python project ?

The best practice is to keep things simple, as usual.